In the interview carried out by The Institute of Ismaili Studies, Dr. Mohamed Keshavjee explains Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in more detail including its role in the legal system of most countries, the meaning and impact of shari‘a, and the various approaches to mediation. The interview concludes with the author’s comments on the contribution his books makes on the subject of ADR.
The questions answered by Dr. Keshavjee are presented below:
1. What does the book tell us about Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)?
2. What is ADR and what roles does it play in relation to the legal system present in most countries today?
3. What is shari‘a?
4. What are the different dispute resolution purposes within ADR?
5. Mediation seems to be a preferred approach, but are there any negatives to this approach?
6. What are the approaches to training has the author been involved with?
7. What contribution does the book make on the subject of ADR?