To request a full application pack, please complete this form.
Entry requirements for candidates:
- A British 1st or 2nd Class Honours Degree or recognised equivalent.
- Proof of English language proficiency in the form of a valid IELTS (Academic) for UKVI.
- The minimum IELTS (Academic) for UKVI English language requirement: An overall band score of 7.0 with a minimum score of 6.5 in each component. Applicants with the overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum 6.0 in each component) will be considered and, if selected, will be eligible to receive a conditional offer. All conditional offer holders will be required to attend and successfully complete an approved pre-sessional programme in the UK and demonstrate that they have reached an overall score of 7.0 before they are formally enrolled onto STEP programme (for any UKVI IELTS exemptions please see frequently asked questions).
- Minimum of one year’s experience teaching in a Religious Education Centre.
- To fall under any of the 20 ITREBs world-wide jurisdictions: Afghanistan, Australia and New Zealand, Bangladesh, Canada, Democratic Republic of Congo, Far East, France, India, Iran, Kenya, Madagascar, Pakistan, Portugal, Syria,Tajikistan, Tanzania, United Arab Emirates, Uganda, United Kingdom or the United States of America.
- To enter a contract-bound commitment of a minimum of 3 years as part of the IIS scholarship to work as a teacher within the ITREB network, with opportunities for career progression within the wider Aga Khan network of institutions.
How to apply
- You will need to complete the pre-application form online which you will find on the STEP main page.
- We will then send you a link to both the application pack (which contains the application form, notes of guidance and an equal opportunities form) and to your unique candidate portal (OneDrive) where you can upload your application. If you would like to send a postal application please write to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 12 noon, 2 November 2018.
If you are shortlisted.
- You will undertake a six week secondary teaching placement at a local REC where your teaching skills will be assessed by ITREB. ITREB will organise this with you within an allocated eight week window between January and March.
- You will be invited to have a face to face interview with IIS Faculty in collaboration with ITREB in your home context. You may need to travel to the location of your national ITREB.
- You will be required to take a timed qualifying essay which will be invigilated by the IIS interviewer concurrently with interviews.
- You will be informed as soon as a decision has been made. We aim to communicate all offers and decisions in early May.
For further information please click here frequently asked questions
It is the applicants' responsibility to provide authentic and verifiable evidence of qualifications. If you are found to have submitted fraudulent documents, your application will be automatically withdrawn.